The winner is the first team that reach the maximum score.
A dominoes game consist of several hands, on each hand the winning team will score points until it is declared the game winner.
A hand is won by the team whose player plays his last tile, or if it is a blocked game, the winner will be decided according to the blocked game rules.
At the beginning of each hand, all tiles are randomly deal. Each player receives seven tiles.
The player who starts the first hand will be decided according to the “First Hand” rule. After that, the hand is played counterclockwise, that is, the next player is the one at the right of the current player.
On each turn, the player is must play one of his tiles as long as the chosen tile matches one of its corners with one of the table’s free corners. For instance, in the following image the player is required to play 2:4, 2:3 or 2:2 because 2 is one of the table’s free corners. If a player can’t play any of his tiles, he must pass and loses his turn.
The hand goes on until one of the players plays his last tile or the game is blocked.
A hand is considered blocked if none of the players is able to play any tile. In such a case, the winning team is decided according to the “Blocked game” rule.
Once the hand has finished, the winning team will score his points according to the “Scoring Points” rule. Then, the tiles are shuffled and dealt again and a new hand starts.
The player who starts the next hand will be determined according to the “Next Hand” rule.
- 50 *
- 150 *
- 200 *
Scoring Points rules:
- “Opponent’s”: The winning team scores all of his opponent’s remaining points.
- “All”: The winning team scores all remaining points, that is, his opponent’s and its own. *
First Hand rules:
- “Double Six”: The first hand will begin with the player who has the double six and that must be the first tile played.
- “Random”: The player who starts the first hand will be chosen randomly. *
Next Hand rules:
- “Counterclockwise”: The next hand will be started by the player sit at the right of the previous starter player.
- “Previous Winner”: The next hand will be started by the player who won the previous one. *
Blocked game rules:
- “Team”: The winning team is the one with the least remaining points.
- “Individual”: The winning team is the one whose player has the least remaining points. *
* Only Premium users can start a game with this rule but all users can accept an invitation with it.